El Centro de Amistad, Inc., is a multilingual, cross cultural organization providing a comprehensive range of mental health services, anticipating the ever-changing needs of families and individuals in the San Fernando Valley. El Centro de Amistad, Inc. is committed to assisting children, adults and families.
Employment opportunities: emails can be sent to : Lizz.email@example.com
Title: On-Call Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support to ensure services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. The Receptionist must be personable and work in a professional manner at all times. This position is a part-time “as needed” position for the San Fernando and Canoga Park locations. The position will provide coverage for when our permanent reception staff is out of the office.
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of the front desk and reception area, as well as assisting management, staff and psychiatry with administrative tasks.
- Ensure clients are screened and transferred to the appropriate staff for services, or referred out to appropriate services
- Responsible for handling multiple phone lines with inbound and outbound calls from the office and the community.
- In charge of ongoing Agency paperwork, uploading documents and maintaining the Agency’s psychiatry program.
- TB, Live Scan and HIPAA clearance to be taken upon acceptance of position.
- High school degree or its equivalent.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Must have great organizational skills, be detail oriented and a self-starter with the ability to multi task.
- Ability to operate all standard office equipment and have knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel, and Adobe (PDF).
- Must have reliable vehicle, California Driver License and vehicle insurance
**Full job description may be provided during pre-interview**
Job Type: Part-time
Title: Mental Health Clinician
Seeking a creative, flexible, motivated, and team-oriented Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) therapist to provide mental health services to clients. The position requires a current MFT Associate number and the ability to provide effective therapeutic services to a diverse and chronically mentally ill population. Sessions would be provided either in the office or field setting. Candidates must have excellent time management, computer, written and oral communication, and documentation skills. Candidates must be able to handle a multiple priorities, work cohesively with other team members, adhere to deadlines and quality assurance reviews, and to follow the procedures and protocols of the Agency and the Department of Mental Health (DMH). Attendance at Agency meetings and supervision are required.
- One year or more of mental health experience, working with child and family clients, is required.
- Must be able to conduct therapy sessions in the field (client’s school, home, etc.) and in an office setting.
- Must manage time and cases effectively and turn in paperwork by deadlines and/or according to Supervisor’s directives.
- One year or more of experience with the Department of Mental Health’s (DMH) paperwork and standards is preferred.
- This position is required to learn and comply with Agency & DMH policies, procedures and ethical standards, HIPAA laws and guidelines, and the Professional Code of Ethics of the BBSE of the State of California.
- Must be a Registered, Licensed and/or Licensed Waivered MFT, LCSW, MFT Associate or ASW
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Strong administrative skills with 1 year + hands on administrative support experience preferred.
- Must be computer savvy; and proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook.
- Require HIPAA, DOJ and TB clearance.
- Must have reliable automobile, valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance.
**Full job description may be provided during pre-interview upon request**